Sunday, 18 May 2014

gingham and tortoise shell

black and white gingham dress asos petite (link) / tan satchel peacocks / black loafers new look / gold necklace charity shop

~trying it out with a filter for a change~

So what's the story? Recently, exams and I had been enemies. I've had six of them in the past 10 days but now I am sixty percent through the 10-strong bunch and feeling far more confident now than I was a week and a half ago. All of them have actually gone well so far, even French (which as my close friends know, has been the absolute bane of my life for the past nine months.) Even a dodgy MP3 player breaking three times didn't stop me from answering all the questions. And yes, I'm pretty proud of that.

I've found myself to have fallen outside the blogger circle, not one including other bloggers and who's 'in' because let's be honest, I don't believe in all of that jazz. I mean in terms of posting regularly and really getting into the blogging spirit. Needless to say, 95% of my efforts lately have been on revision (and the other 5% on watching my Gossip Girl box set) so fashion galaxies xo has been in the back seat for a while. For the past two years I've gone on a bit of a break/hiatus around this time of the year for exams and I know for a fact that it will be the same next year. Fortunately I am only a year from finishing the British school system forever which is a beautiful thought considering I've been in it for almost fourteen years now. No more breaks around May/June would be preferable, I think. Consider me getting back into my blogging circle, productive as ever. Let's see how long this lasts

This dress is a recent ASOS purchase from when they did their 50% off 50 items and this one (at the reduced price of £19) fell into my shopping bag. Emphasis on the word 'fell' there. Fell. Gingham is such a pretty, summery print and when in monochrome doesn't stray out too much from my comfort zone. Summer is a tough time for girls like myself who live in black/grey/navy/berry purple and I definitely want to open up to colour in the next few months. The dress itself is both swingy and comfy and I can just see it glued to me all summer. ASOS have hit the nail on the head with this one! Dare I say it but I am seriously craving the lilac one now...

Thalia
xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That's such a lovely dress, looks perfect on you! Power through, you're nearly done and then you can enjoy your summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! If you have a blog, leave the link too so I can check it out.

- Thalia

© Tales of Thalia | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig