So anyway, here's the look I came up with when wanting something different and out of my usual 'comfort zone', which usually restricts me to plain colour neatly painted onto my nails.
Sorry I haven't got any 'progress' photos, at the time I did this I had no intention of making a blog post about it, but now I'm keen to share it.
The end result:
with a cool blue background to add to the awesome colourful mix
- Clean your nails of any previous nail polish, file/buff whatever to them, basically just sort them out so they're nice and clean :)
- Get any nail polish colour of your choice (going for either a rainbow or ombre theme usually work best) and carefully place a smallish sized 'blob' of it on your nail. Make sure there isn't too much product on the brush when you do this to prevent over-splodging/polish getting onto your fingers. Vary where you place the splodges on your nails for a more messy and less organised look.
- Wait for all the colours to dry before adding a new one to stop colours mixing/not drying well.
- Repeat the 'splodging process' (as I'll put it) with every colour you choose to do it with (I used 6 colours, but you can do as many as you want depending on the size of your nails/splodges.)
- Once finished with all the colours, you can choose to add a thin layer of glitter polish, or you could leave it there. Finish by using a top coat of your choice.
The colours I used. From L-R: Colourworks (no name, bright red colour), Rimmel Tangerine Queen, Rimmel Green Grass, Rimmel Sky High, Barry M 219 Cobalt Blue, Barry M 303 Bright Purple, Models Own Silver Fox. & why yes, sneak-peak of my nail polish storage in the background.
A finishing photo:)
Hope you enjoyed reading my first nail polish collection post - am going to try it out with different shade of purple soon, will keep you updated!